You probably know by now: my second book is coming. I’ve been working on this for well over a year. It’s time to release it really soon!
If you missed the announcement, see this video
So in this post I’ll give you a bit of an overview of the book – including chapter listing – plus a few more details.
Here’s the title: How to live in a van and travel
And the subtitle: Live everywhere, be free and have adventures in a campervan or motorhome – your home on wheels
Here’s the front cover
Here’s the front and back (for print)
The contents listing
2. My story: quit job, build campervan, travel
3. About the van life
4. Get your van
5. Prepare for take off
6. Make a run for it
7. Freecamping & where to stay
8. Toilet & washing
9. Cooking & eating
10. Van safety
11. Travelling happy
12. Entertainment & technology
13. Staying connected
14. Making money on the road
15. Van maintenance & problems
16. Fears, excuses & actually doing it
17. An overview of my van
18. I think that’s about it
Why this book?
The reaction from my first ebook (From Van to Home) was better than I ever thought. This new one is pretty much a continuation from where that left off. And like the first it’s based on many of the messages and questions I often get.
This book is for you if:
- You’re interested in living and/or travelling in a converted van or vehicle, whether it’s short or long term
- You want solutions to the practical problems of living and travelling in a van
- You’re wondering if the van life is right for you and you want to get a bit of a taste of what it’s like and what’s involved
- You have the urge to go out into the world to travel, explore and experience a huge amount of freedom
- You want to know that this can be done – and for as long as you want
- You’ve always wanted to do this but for whatever reason you STILL haven’t
When can you get it?
The ebook version will come first. I’ll probably make it available for pre-order in the next couple of weeks on Amazon. As always, blog subscribers will be first to know but I’ll also announce it on social media.
I’ll need a few more weeks to get the printed copy finalised (I have to wait for proof copies in the post etc.) so that will come about one month after the ebook release. Or I could wait and release them both together? suggestions welcome in comments below.
That’s it for now
I really think this book is going to help a lot people who want to do what I have done. It’s all in here.
And sorry things have been so slow with the blog recently, and me being slow with replies. I hope the value of this book will be something much more lasting and wide-reaching than my replies in private messages.
Thanks to the people who have reached out to give tips and help. If you have any more (advice, comments, suggestions – or questions) comment below.
I’m quite excited. But at the same time I’m sick of talking about this bloody book. I can’t believe it’s coming to completion
The post Announcement: About my next book, How to Live in a Van and Travel appeared first on Vandog Traveller.