Time Warp, HyperSmooth, and Live Stream — here are the big callouts for GoPro’s newest action camera, The HERO7 Black.
Today, GoPro announced the latest HERO in its lineup. And it comes with some very intriguing features.
GoPro HERO7 Black Features
HyperSmooth Stabilization: First and foremost, GoPro is touting the HERO7 Black as a gimbal killer.
“This in-camera stabilization is so smooth, your gimbal will slip right out of your gear bag and you won’t even miss it,” the brand said.
The brand claims the HERO7 Black’s in-camera stabilization rivals that of a motorized gimbal. Plus, unlike gimbals, the HyperSmooth stabilization will work underwater and in high-wind environments. See HyperSmooth in action below.
Time Warp. GoPro also announced a new feature dubbed Time Warp. According to the brand, this “applies a high-speed, ‘magic-carpet-ride’ effect to your videos.”
We expect this to be a high-quality, stable-shot timelapse video option. GoPro advertised up to a 30x speed-up rate for Time Warp.
Live Stream. Last but not least — especially for the social-media savvy — GoPro’s HERO7 Black will allow users to livestream to Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Vimeo, and “other platforms.”
In addition to the stream, the HERO7 Black will save the video in high definition to the SD card.
GoPro HERO7 Black Other Features
GoPro HERO7 Black Features
- HyperSmooth Stabilization: Gimbal-like stabilization without the gimbal
- Live Stream: Automatic sharing as you live it while saving your streamed videos to your SD card in high definition
- TimeWarp Video: Super-stabilized timelapse “magic-carpet-ride” videos of your experiences, up to 30x speed
- SuperPhoto: Intelligent scene analyzation for professional-looking photos via automatically applied HDR, Local Tone Mapping, and Multi-Frame Noise Reduction
- Portrait Mode: Native vertical-capture for easy sharing to Instagram stories, Snapchat, and more
- Enhanced Audio: Re-engineered audio captures increased dynamic range; new microphone membrane reduces unwanted vibrations during mounted situations
- Intuitive Touch Interface: 2-inch touch display with simplified user interface enables native vertical (portrait) use of camera
- Face, Smile + Scene Detection: HERO7 Black recognizes faces, expressions, and scene types to enhance automatic QuikStory edits on the GoPro app
- Short Clips: Restricts video recording to 15- or 30-second clips for faster transfer to phone, editing, and sharing. Great for new users and kids.
- Photo Timer: Countdown timer for convenient selfies and group shots
- Stunning Image Quality: 4K60 video and 12MP photos
- Ultra Slo-Mo: 8x slow motion in 1080p240
- Rugged and Waterproof: Waterproof without a housing to 33 feet (10m), goes everywhere your phone can’t
- Voice Control: Verbal commands let you go hands-free in 14 languages
- Auto Transfer to Phone: Your photos and videos move automatically from camera when connected to the GoPro app for on-the-go sharing
- GPS Performance Stickers: Track speed, distance, and elevation, then highlight them by adding stickers to videos in the GoPro app
- Touch Zoom: Frame your photos and videos with just a touch
The GoPro HERO7 Black is available for preorder starting today for $399. You can learn more and get your name on the list here.
The post GoPro HERO7 Black: 3 New Features You Need to Know appeared first on GearJunkie.